Are you looking for a job where you can contribute to the continuing growth of a company that is expanding rapidly? Then don’t hesitate to carry on reading!
Who are we?
BKM-Orange has been part of Orange Belgium since 2019 and provides quality ICT solutions in 4 areas: Unified Communications & Collaboration (UCC) solutions, IT solutions, Document & Visual solutions and Connectivity solutions. With more than 25 years of experience, we have grown into a reliable benchmark on the market. From our offices in Hasselt, Steenokkerzeel and Ghent, our 230 specialist staff with experience and expertise provide the best service to our 16,000 customers every day.
‘We connect. We care.’ That’s why we do our utmost every day. With the right specialist knowledge and using the latest technologies, BKM Orange will relieve you of all your company’s time-consuming ICT issues. As ICT consultants we guide our clients through their digital transformation.
Would you like to strengthen our team? We’re looking for an:
SENIOR CISCO NETWORK ENGINEER (ROUTING/SWITCHING) (M/F)
What will you have to do?
- Carry out the design of new data networks taking into account the requirements of our customers;
- Participate in the implementation of the solution supporting the installation- and support team;
- Design and implement new systems that improve overall security;
- Apply security techniques to ensure that access controls, logging and auditing are adequate and effective;
- Suggest improvements to the existing architecture;
- Collaborate with support teams to conduct investigations, diagnose and resolve network issues;
- Provide technical support for complex network and security issues;
- Monitor networking performance and ensure optimal performance and uptime;
- Develop and implement security measures to protect the system from cyber threats;
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in networking and security;
- Support ongoing projects;
- Ensure that systems meet compliance and security requirements and assist in reviewing audits;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the quality of our services;
- Support the presales team by providing technical expertise in answering requests for quotation;
- Contact suppliers for problem resolution.expertise in answering requests for quotation;
- Contact suppliers for problem resolution.
Who are we looking for?
- Good knowledge of Cisco business networks (LAN, Wifi, Security);
- Good knowledge of the protocols of layers 2 and 3 of the OSI model;
- Good understanding of corporate network infrastructures, the hardware components that constitute them, as well as the protocols used;
- Familiar with the tools and resources that Cisco has available on its website;
- Autonomous, methodical, structured and well organized allowing you to establish a work plan before starting a configuration;
- Administrative savvy and understand the importance of well-documented installations and configurations;
- work independently, methodically, structured and organised;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- French language: C-level;
- Dutch language: B-level;
- English language: B-level
- Preferably a master degree - or at least bachelor – in IT or telecommunications;
- At least a Cisco CCNP certificate in Routing / Switching;
- 10 years of experience in network design and configuration of critical Cisco Lan networks ;including routers, switches, wifi controllers, etc.
What do we offer you?
- A challenging high-impact key position within an entrepreneurial company that is part of a financially strong, international and publicly listed company with a healthy expansion drive;
- A competitive salary package including a company car, insurances, pension plan, meal vouchers;
- An organisation that continuously works on innovation, improvement and development and where every employee's contribution makes a difference;
- Informal, open, performance-oriented atmosphere with plenty of attention to personal development and career opportunities;
- Possibility to work both from home and in each of our offices (Hasselt – Steenokkerzeel – Gent).
Do we get a click?
Then send your CV and covering letter right away with the reference ‘Senior Cisco Network Engineer’ to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will handle your application as quickly as possible and with the necessary discretion.